Developing An Effective Sales Team Performance Culture
’If you could get all the people in an organization rowing in the same direction, you could dominate any industry, in any market, against any competition at any time’.
That is a quote from a manager in a popular book on team performance. But how to create such a team within sales is the question?
Well, research by another popular author Prof. Peter Hawkins has the answer. He suggests there are 5 steps to building a high performing team in sales, or in any other area:
1. Commissioning: The team needs a clear purpose and defined success criteria.
2. Clarifying: The team must clarify its own mission including purpose, goals and objectives, roles and expectations and importantly a compelling vision for success.
3. Co-creating: The team cannot simply be handed a strategy it must continually revise and review its approach.
4. Connecting: Engaging with others (stakeholders, staff, etc.) and transforming relationships that drive performance.
5. Learning: The team stands back and reflects on their own performance as the basis for continual improvement.
As a sales manager you must be driving performance at the level of the individual salesperson, as well as for the team overall. Contact us to explore how we can help.